Facebook offers not for profits an easy to use and low cost opportunity to provide a digital meeting place for your supporters, staff and clients. Through your page they can swap information, ideas, images, vision and sound on almost any subject. And Facebook’s feed-in feature automatically provides information updates to people following the page.
14 common ways to use Facebook to promote your issue are:
- Allowing people to make on-line donations.
- Encouraging people to follow you by linking with your other social media platforms.
- Coaching visitors on lobbying business or politicians on your issue.
- Linking to media releases and news reports.
- Marketing your courses or products.
- Polling supporters about your issue.
- Posting general and area-specific status updates on your organisation.
- Profiling the work of inspirational staff or volunteers.
- Promoting an information session, rally or event.
- Reporting the progress you are making on a cause or what influential organizations or individuals think about your issue.
- Running a competition so users can create content for your cause.
- Sharing educational content through words, images, video or case studies.
- Thanking supporters and donors for their involvement.
- Using case studies that show your services helping others.
You need to actively market your Facebook page within and beyond you organization so people know about it. Simple ways to do this include:
- Ask users and potential users to spread your information.
- Add an icon to your webpage to connect people directly with your Facebook page.
- Askg users to link their websites to your page.
- Include your Facebook URL in emails, media releases, in advertising and in print.
- Use Facebook ads to draw particular demographics or communities of interest to your page.